Hey ya’ll! I’m so thankful that the week is almost over because that means that I’ll be moving and I only have one week of summer school left. So happy that I’ve survived. Anyways for today I thought I would give you a two-for-one special, which means that I’ll be posting two recipes on one post. I thought I would share the love today plus I just “love two-fers”. Both of these recipes are on Your Healing Diet plan because they are grain only recipes with fruits added in!
Black Forest Pancakes
1/2 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 c. Unsweetened Almond Milk
3 tbsp of egg white substitutes
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 packet of stevia
handful of chopped cherries
1 packet of 20 calorie hot chocolate
handful of chocolate chips (go crazy if you want)
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients in one bowl (this includes the cocoa mix).
2. Add in all the wet ingredients, the handful of chopped cherries, and the chocolate chips.
3. Using a 1/3 c. pour out batter onto pre-heated pan.
4. Wait until bubbles arise in the batter and the edges puff up, then flip pancakes to other side.
5. Remove from pan once lightly browned.
6. Stack pancakes then top with more chopped cherries and a drizzle of dark chocolate.
These are ridiculously good. I’m not even kidding. I love all things cherry related because cherries are my favorite fruit, but combined with chocolate it is like one awesome sweet kick to the mouth. I was pretty depressed after I devoured this entire plate in like 30 minutes – that is something I need to work on, eating slower. Oh well, I just enjoy food in my mouth.
So for my next recipe, I’ve been telling ya’ll that I would post it, so finally I’m posting an oat recipe. I know ya’ll are probably shocked I haven’t posted one since all I used to talk about what oatmeal and all I eat mainly is oatmeal. Well here it goes:
Apple Pie Cheesecake Oats
1/2 c. old fashioned oats
1 c. water
1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
1 packet of stevia
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
a pinch of cinnamon
1/4 c. fat free cottage cheese
1 microwaved banana
1/3 c. sugar free apple pie filling
1. Place oats, water, and milk into a microwavable safe container, and heat for 2 minutes and 55 seconds.
2. Pour cooked outs into a bowl, add stevia, vanilla, cinnamon, cottage cheese.
3. While doing step 2, place sliced banana into microwave and heat for 1 min and 30 seconds.
4. Mix in “melted” banana into oatmeal.
5. Heat up the apple pie filling for about 2 minutes.
6. Add hot apple pie filling to oats.
One lesson I learned about this bowl of oatmeal is that you should cut up the apples after you cooked them that way there are more chunks in the bowl. Plus eating scalding hot apple slices is not so pleasant on the mouth at like 7 am. This bowl of oats will definitely help you get through a long time of the day because the grains are very filling and the cottage cheese provides a small amount of protein!
I’m preparing for a crazy week. In about an hour and a half I have an accounting exam on taxes that I have to take online. The good thing is I only need 30 more points to get an A in the class, which will be easy because I have this exam and an assignment left to do! Three cheers for not having to take a final. Also I’m super pumped about moving, but it will be some work. My apartment is sort of a disaster right now. Meh. Nothing I can really do about it until I move. I hope everyone has a great day, and just think tomorrow is FRIDAAAAAY!!!
I’m also entering a giveaway at Healthy Helper’s blog for a conscious box! I know conscious cravings definitely needs a conscious box. I think it would be a perfect fit. Wish me luck!
Do you have problems eating to fast?
What have you done about dealing with that?