Hey ya’ll! It is Thursday. So excited that it is almost the weekend. I am literally exhausted from doing crafts and finally unpacking my apartment – I know, I moved like two weeks ago. I’m just really lazy. I have a doctors appointment today (hopefully I’m not slowly dying), and I have volleyball practice tonight.
Aren’t these girls sooo cute? They are my JCC Maccabi Team Austin volleyball team – it is a Jewish thing. It is sort of like the Olympics for Jewish teens from 13-16. Every year, a city hosts it and hundreds of Jewish teens come in to compete in different sports. This year Houston is hosting, so it will be huge. I’m excited. Especially because when I played I was a gold medalist.
Anyways, I’ve been doing slave labor and hand painting t-shirts for them. The girls gave me the money, told me to get hot pink, and I came up with the design. This is the front, and the back will have their last names and a cute volleyball quote. Everyone is going to be jealous, and I won’t be able to stand up from hunching over to paint them. I’ve only been able to do 5 so far because painting the fire is time consuming. Hopefully I’ll finish soon.
1. Add oats and water into a microwavable safe container, and heat for 2 min and 55 seconds.
2. In a second container, add the slice apple, sprinkle with a pinch of brown sugar, and cover with plastic.
3. Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes.
4. While apples are cooking, add vanilla, truvia, and brown sugar into oatmeal.
5. Then add melted banana (previously done in microwave for 1 min and 25 seconds).
6. Then add in apple mixture (make sure to slice down to even smaller pieces).
7. Add in raisins and walnuts.
Enjoy. This recipe reminds me of fall because of the sweetness of the apples. I could probably eat more than one apple a day because I love them so much. However, this definitely doesn’t keep the doctor away.
1/2 c of Oatmeal
1 1/2 c of water
1/4 c of fat free cottage cheese
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 packet of truvia
1 packet of 20 calorie hot cocoa
1 c of sliced cherries
1. Microwave oatmeal and water in a safe container for about 2 min and 55 seconds.
2. Mix in vanilla, truvia, chocolate, and cherries.
3. Spoon one layer of oatmeal mixture in a cup.
4. Top with a layer of cottage cheese.
5. Then another layer of oatmeal followed by cottage cheese until you run out of oatmeal or get to the top of the cup.
5. Top with a few chocolate chips and some more cherries.
These girls are seriously too cute. There was a big storm at the last practice, so they wanted to go out and play in the rain for a little bit. Being the cool coach that I am, I decided sure. They are so funny. I don’t know what I would do without these girls!
Have you ever coached a sport before?
Have you ever participated in a competitive event like this?