Hey ya’ll! I have survived yet another day of Insanity. I think today may have been the most intense one since there were no little breaks in between the intervals of exercise. I was sweating and panting, but I did it. 5 days in. A million more to go, no just 55, but I can do it! Gotta dig deeper as my friend Shaun T says. He kills me. Anyways I am sharing my flourless chocolate blueberry pancake recipe with ya’ll today since I promised I would yesterday.
Chocolate Blueberry Flourless Pancakes
1 banana (preferably a very ripe one)
1/2 c of liquid egg whites
1 c of blueberries
1 packet of 20 calorie hot cocoa powder
a sprinkle of chocolate chips
1. Slice banana into small slices and place into a mixing bowl. Then get a spoon or knife to mash it up. You want the banana mixture to be thoroughly mashed in the bowl. Try to get as little banana chunks as possible. You want it to be a creamy smooth texture.
2. Then add in the egg whites. Be careful because when I first attempted this recipe with egg whites I put way too many in the mixture, which was an epic fail since it was too liquidy. Maybe start with 1/4 c and add as needed.
3. Next you want to add in the hot cocoa. Mix it until the entire mixture in the bowl is brown with the chocolate.
4. Then you can throw in the blueberries. If you want you can add in the chocolate chips here, but I waited until I had the pancake batter on the pan to add the chocolate chips.
5. Spray a pan with non-stick spray and heat to medium-low heat.
6. Use a 1/3 c to scoop out the batter and place onto the pan. My pan was large enough to fit three pancakes on at a time. I then sprinkled two or three mini chocolate chips in eat one. Wait until bubbles appear in the batter and the edges firm up then flip the pancake. Cook until lightly browned on both sides.
7. Then if you want you can take some extra blueberries, microwave them, add in a few drops of water, and smash them to make a blueberry compote for the topping. If not use some sugar free syrup as a healthy topping.
These pancakes are so delicious and healthy. You know how I love to eat me some pancakes! I ended up making 8 pancakes from the recipe, so that was a first. Typically it makes 4-5 large sized pancakes. This recipe is such a healthy alternative to regular pancakes plus you are getting some good nutrients from the banana base of the recipe. I still enjoy pancakes with flour, but when you want a rest from all the flour or you want to enjoy pancakes more than one day a week then this is the recipe for you.
When I had these for breakfast, I was a happy and healthy camper for the day. Go out and make these immediately. I’m definitely going to be whipping up all kind of creations with the basic flourless pancake recipe. Blackforest, almond joy, samoa, lemon poppyseed, and anything else I can think of to throw in the bowl. This is why breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! You can have tons of various combinations of things to eat and they are all so tasty and delicious. Boosting that metabolism the right way!
Have you ever had flourless pancakes?
What do you like on top of your pancakes?