Happy Friday, but really today is especially happy because it marks the end of summer school for me. I have somehow survived three demanding classes in a 5 week span. I’m not sure how I did it, but I’m still standing. I was actually going to do this post yesterday, but it was going to be called Ten Things Thursday. However I ended up having to study way more than I thought, deal with apartment things, and finish my research proposal. So now its fourteen things – I know you are excited to learn 4 more things about my life than you were originally supposed to know.
1. I have met my first blogger, and she is the sweetest thing ever. Min, who blogs over at Savor the Rainbow, is actually in my agriculture class (which is an awful class). I randomly found her blog one day, and was happy I did. Anyways to the point, she had made some muffins with the Wild Harvest Product from HLS and she let me sample one. THEY WERE AMAZING. Seriously it was the best snack I have had in class all month long. I was sad when it disappeared.
2. Speaking of agriculture, I’m done with summer school. Hallelujah. Although that final is sort of irritating me because the multiple choice part was a little harder than normal. At least in my opinion.
3. I’m going to Austin tomorrow. This means another trip to the Ice Queens snowcone trailer, and food adventures with my family. I also plan on doing some foodie pen pal shopping.
4. I’m having my first volleyball practice since a while ago on Sunday, and I couldn’t be more excited to see my girls. They are the cutest things ever. I will share a picture soon.
5. I decided to drown my agriculture final sorrows and my excitement for school to be over in some froyo from Crazy Good. I got White Chocolate Macadamia with chocolate sauce, strawberries, pineapple, jimmies, and gummy bears. Best treat for a hot day.
Yes, I have also discovered instagram – months later. Hello new addiction.
6. I have finally completely moved out of my old apartment, and I am into my new apartment Granted I still have a million boxes every where, but the main point is that I have a glorious new closet or should I say closets – as in two.
This photo doesn’t even do it justice because it chops off both sides. Also I have another bar under the clothes on the left for more of my clothing that is still in boxes. Remember, this is just my first closet! I love life.
7. I’m going to start volunteering at the Food Bank in San Marcos next week. I’m super excited to do something worthwhile for once. Also I’ll be researching more opportunities to help out the community in a food and health related way.
8. New snack alert. Normally I’m not a big eater of processed foods, but sometimes when you are sitting in class for 6 hours straight – you need easy snacks. In comes, fiber one cookie bars – SO much better than the brownies.
9. I’m going on a mini-vacation to Dallas with my mom and younger brother. Hopefully I can convince them to go to the Trader Joe’s in Fort Worth, but if not I’ll settle for H&M and a two story forever 21.
10. You guys must think all I eat is pancakes, but I really don’t. I just eat them on the weekends only. Anyways I’ll post up the recipe tomorrow and just share the picture now:
Lemon Raspberry Pancakes, so delicious with a nice tart taste.
12. I got a 101.6 in Accounting. I have to say that I’m pretty proud of myself. I’m a nutrition major that is a science girl, so going into accounting I was a bit scared from all the horror stories of the other nutrition majors. However, I was a boss and destroyed it.
13. I have a new favorite snack: Arctic Zero Vanilla Maple with banana slices, mini chocolate chips, and a little bit of sugar free syrup.
This is the perfect snack on a hot day plus it is pretty sweet and very low calorie. I mean the whole pint of ice cream is only about 150 calories.
14. I’m not sure I have announced it on my blog, but I’m going to Boston from August 16th-22nd. I’m really excited for many reason: 1. It is during HLS, so I’ll get to meet tons of bloggy buddies, 2. I get to see my best friend, 3. Best friend and I will go on epic food adventures, 4. I’ll get to pretend I have a fabulous city life for a week, and 5. I get to see someone special. I seriously love Boston, and I’m not just biased from having gone to college there.
I hope everyone has an amazing weekend. Mine is going to be filled with food, family, and fun. I can’t wait because I have needed this break for a long time.
Do you have any exciting news in your life right now?
Are you going to HLS in Boston?