Hey ya’ll! Hope everyone has had a pretty great week. I have almost survived summer school. Only two weeks left. I’m pretty excited. For today, I argued with myself over what I should share with ya’ll, and finally decided to give you another breakfast recipe. I love breakfast, okay. Yes, I had banana split for breakfast, but not the kind you are thinking of. I’m really on a pancake kick right now, so I decided to make banana split pancakes. Best breakfast choice ever.
I know, what a beauty. I feel so decadent in the morning when I eat something like this. I just love that this is on Your Healing Diet too. You can’t go wrong with whole grains, almond milk, and some fruit. Lets get to the recipe, so ya’ll can enjoy this for breakfast too.
Banana Split Pancakes
1/2 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 c. Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 tbsp egg substitutes
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 packet stevia
1 packet of 20 calorie hot cocoa
1 packet of strawberry shortcake icing flavor
some chocolate chips
1. Mix all dry ingredients (except cocoa and strawberry flavoring) in a large bowl
2. Add in all the wet ingredients and mix well.
3. Then separate 1/3 c. portions into separate bowls.
4. In one bowl add the cocoa powder, in the second bowl at the strawberry flavoring, and in the second bowl add half a banana that has been smashed.
5. Place each serving on pre-heated pan and wait for bubbles to appear in top of batter.
6. Flip over and cook until done.
7. Place banana pancake on bottom and then cover with remaining banana slices.
8. Next place on the strawberry pancake and top with strawberry slices.
9. Then place the chocolate pancake on top and place chocolate chips on top.
If you want you can top it with a cherry or chocolate sauce or whip cream. In my opinion, it should be all three. Those items, well minus the cherry, really aren’t on the diet plan. It doesn’t matter that much though because it is such a small amount that it will not really effect my healing process. I definitely recommend that you go out and make these right now.
Not only do these pancakes taste crazmazing (yes, I just made up a word that combines crazy and amazing – I’m lame, so I’ll stop), but these also have some great health benefits. From my previous post on pancakes, we already know the benefits of bananas and whole wheat, so I’ll focus on strawberries and chocolate (yes, that is right, chocolate is good for you):
Strawberries: They provide anti-inflammatory (good for arthritis) and antioxidant properties, they help aid in cardiovascular health, they contain some anti-cancer benefits, aid with blood sugar levels, and have showed in recent studies to help with certain age related diseases.
Chocolate: Chocolate has been shown to lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, decreases the risk of stroke, it increases insulin sensitivity thus reducing the risk of diabetes, and it protects your skin from UV damage.
I hope everyone has a great night! It is finally Friday tomorrow. Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday….with my textbooks since I have an accounting exam and an agriculture exam on Monday. Three points for summer school making my life awful! Hopefully everyone else will have an awesome weekend though and I can live vicariously through them!
Do you enjoy banana splits?
What is your favorite part of a banana split?